Journal Times staff 0
"RACINE — In observance of Mental Health Awareness Month, several organizations will host 'Bridging the Gaps: Mental Health Recovery is Real — Take the First Step' rally and resource fair at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, May 26, at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-All Saints hospital St. Luke’s Health Pavilion auditorium, 3821 Spring St.
"The event will feature mental health advocates sharing stories and offering support about mental illness and recovery, followed by a community resource fair.
"The host organizations are United Way Racine County, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Racine County, Infinite Potential Central (IPC) and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-All Saints hospital.
"Guest speakers include:
- Dr. Soheila Brouk, founder of Infinite Potential Central;
- Lisa Adams-Qualls, social worker in the Racine Unified School District;
- Mary Huck, cofounder of Survivors of a Loved One’s Suicide;
- Rodney Prunty, United Way of Racine County president;
- Racine County Executive Jonathan Delagrave;
- Julie Hueller, vice president of operations of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare;
- Erika Arzate, a member of the Latino community;
- Jackie Hartley, Racine Collaborative for Children’s Mental Health manager;
- Miss Racine Haley Anya;
- Mike Boticki, NAMI Racine County executive director;
- Luann Simpson, NAMI Racine County peer support consultant.
"For more information, see the event Facebook page."
Read more: http://journaltimes.com/news/local/resource-fair-rally-at-wheaton-will-focus-on-mental-health/article_0bdd94e1-03c0-57b1-a7ab-8a1cd42fb818.htm